The Nautical Rock Singer, Songwriter, Historian!

Friday, November 21, 2008

harry nilsson cover

I have always been highly influenced by harry nilsson. his layered vocals, silly lyrics, & amazing sense of melody have all had a huge impact on both of my albums. earlier today i was messing around with his song 'i guess the lord must be in new york city', which has always been a big favorite of mine. after a few run thrus just for my own amusement i decided to try and record my own version. so i recorded: 2 acoustics, 2 banjos, a bass, 4 snares, 2 tambourines, & about 12 vocals. my dad then added a really nice harmonica part at the end. anyway i thought i would share it with all of you as i had so much fun making it. please check out harry nilsson for yourself, i know you will love him.
la la la,
Paul

listen below


or download your own
I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City (master).mp3

No comments: