The Nautical Rock Singer, Songwriter, Historian!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Revolver Remastered!!!!!

Photobucket
my brother kenny some how found a indie record store in santa barbara that is selling the beatles remastered cd's early. so he called me yesterday and asked which one i want him to buy for me. my answer was a quick "revolver!". "revolver" was the first beatles album i ever owned. my dad & mom bought it for me when i was 11, and i remember being in my dodgers little league uniform, listening over & over to the whole album before and after my games. so "revolver" is really MY beatles album. i can't tell you my favorite beatles song, but i can certainly tell you my favorite beatles album. "revolver".
i've been listening to the remaster now for the last hour & right away i can tell you this is a HUGE improvement from the 1988 cd. the first thing that jumps right out at you is the bass. it thumps like a bass should thump. its not a jay z or amy winehouse thump mind you. its a warm 60's tube analog round thick, thump. amazing. "taxman" is now a serious rock song. (it always was, but now it literally rocks) "elenor rigby" breathes in and out a cold sherlock holmes breathe. the strings sting, while the backing vocals sound more haunting than ever. i could go on and on, but you really just need to hear it for yourself. i can't wait to get the other albums. can't fucking wait!

No comments: