The Nautical Rock Singer, Songwriter, Historian!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Pushin' A Good Thing Too Far



Download "Pushin' A Good Thing Too Far"

I wanted to let you all know that this is my new favorite song. I can't stop listening to it. Barbara Lewis is best known for her songs "Hello Stranger" (which she wrote), "Baby I'm Yours", & "Make Me Your Baby". While those three songs are classics that we all know very well, "Pushin' A Good Thing Too Far" is a album cut I had never heard until purchasing Barbara's greatest hits. The chorus is so catchy & perfect that it stays in my brain all day and night. I love way she sings throughout, but when she sings "i'm at the point of no return, i'm burning but its time you learned a thing or two" the way she sings "burning" is PERFECT. great song. Listen to it.
p.s. i'm not too fond of the middle part with the male singers, but at the time it was the thing to do.