The Nautical Rock Singer, Songwriter, Historian!

Monday, December 8, 2008

wildwood walk

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


it was nice and cloudy as you can see. i apologize for so many pictures with me in them, i was attempting to get some photos that an interviewer requested. the button on my jacket is from the ventura daily news & it says "Hot, fresh news". i got it from the beachcomber show last night. doug (the doug i mention in 'its fine') pinned it on me right before i went on. reminds me of a button paul mccartney wore during the 'all you need is love' video, which said "if i'm not claimed within 30 days, i'm yours". someone find me that.
the show last night went very very well. the band before us was red hot and everyone loved them, which made me very nervous having to follow. in addition they were a heavy guitar band similar to the mars volta, with a lead singer that sounded like robert plant. so when we took the stage i knew i had to step it up a bit. i turned my vox amp up to 11 & blasted into 'caroline' with a tad more venom in my voice than usual. the line 'and i think she's evil' instead became "YEAH i KNOW she's evillll". it was really cool getting the whole place behind us cause i think it got the other guys to play with a lot more power. it was very electric & i am proud of kenny, andy, & my dad. i believe jessie (kenny's gf) took some video & pictures, which i may post here at a later date. dana comes home friday. what more can i say?

1 comment:

Kenny Bloggins said...

Love the pics of Wildwood. The show was a blast...we rocked that place...acoustically and electrically.